Dear Forums, Garena Moderators and LoL fans,
I have been a LoL player for quite some time on the NA server and has also played on Garena's version. This new thread, I will be focusing on what I feel on Garena's way of rewarding players as compared to the NA's server.
I believe those whom have played in the NA knows that LoL does not EVER force progress to gain their rewards and here are the familiar examples:
- You participated and played in NA's Closed Beta be it you are Summoner Level 1 or Summoner Level 30.
Reward: Free Rammus and Free King Rammus Skin
- On Garena's Side: Please Level up to 10 before a fixed date else NO REWARD for you, this is actually forcing progress on players, be it light and infrequent players or hardcore players.
- 2nd Example: Please gain 30 queued wins by a fixed date else NO HAPPY ELF TEMMO SKIN for you, this also forces progress and if the moderators did not realize, queuing on SEA server takes up significantly much more time than NA, up to 5minutes at the very least and this alone, made some players not play queue. I do not have to mention team queues which is obviously worst.
- More examples on NA rewards that doesn't forces progress on people:
-- Facebook Tristana skin (Just join facebook)
-- Free Corki champion and UFO Corki skin (LoL gets elected for Best Multiplayer Game 2009)
-- Free extra rune page (LoL wins another relevant multiplayer game award)
I believe many players whom have played on the NA server agrees with me and this should be addressed early in any cases it gets worst when there are more rewards that forces almost hardcore progress on players which should not be the case, following how Riot Games handles their rewarding on players.
In fact, there are alternatives to doing so as part of the advertising strategy, you could change to, for example:
- Joining Garena's 1st Closed Beta = Free Rammus Champion + Skin
- Logging in on Christmas = Free Happy Elf Teemo Skin
People, if you do agree with me, please sign below my thread, this is greatly appreciated and I thank on behalf of many LoL Garena players when they receive non-progress related rewards next time.