Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Petition: LOL(NA) vs LOL(SEA) [An issue about rewarding players]

Dear Forums, Garena Moderators and LoL fans,

I have been a LoL player for quite some time on the NA server and has also played on Garena's version. This new thread, I will be focusing on what I feel on Garena's way of rewarding players as compared to the NA's server.

I believe those whom have played in the NA knows that LoL does not EVER force progress to gain their rewards and here are the familiar examples:

- You participated and played in NA's Closed Beta be it you are Summoner Level 1 or Summoner Level 30.
    Reward: Free Rammus and Free King Rammus Skin

- On Garena's Side: Please Level up to 10 before a fixed date else NO REWARD for you, this is actually forcing progress on players, be it light and infrequent players or hardcore players.

- 2nd Example: Please gain 30 queued wins by a fixed date else NO HAPPY ELF TEMMO SKIN for you, this also forces progress and if the moderators did not realize, queuing on SEA server takes up significantly much more time than NA, up to 5minutes at the very least and this alone, made some players not play queue. I do not have to mention team queues which is obviously worst.

- More examples on NA rewards that doesn't forces progress on people:
    -- Facebook Tristana skin (Just join facebook)
    -- Free Corki champion and UFO Corki skin (LoL gets elected for Best Multiplayer Game 2009)
    -- Free extra rune page (LoL wins another relevant multiplayer game award)

I believe many players whom have played on the NA server agrees with me and this should be addressed early in any cases it gets worst when there are more rewards that forces almost hardcore progress on players which should not be the case, following how Riot Games handles their rewarding on players.

In fact, there are alternatives to doing so as part of the advertising strategy, you could change to, for example:

- Joining Garena's 1st Closed Beta = Free Rammus Champion + Skin
    - Logging in on Christmas = Free Happy Elf Teemo Skin

People, if you do agree with me, please sign below my thread, this is greatly appreciated and I thank on behalf of many LoL Garena players when they receive non-progress related rewards next time.
    Rate +Rate -

Signed, in LOLsea it takes up too much of my time in queuing.
    Rate +Rate -

/signed.

agree wif OP.
    SEA should do something like NA.
    Rate +Rate -

Junior Member Accepted the Summoner's Code sanosuke_n's Avatar
    dude~

i think u got the wrong idea here. the reason why LoL garena are making these reward are to ensure people are playing the game so they can check for any bugs. more games mean more bug could occur mean more debugging can be done. dont compare garena CBT with LoL NA cause they have been released a long time ago. it is not for advertising but it is about finding what wrong with the game so it can be repair before open to public.

please be more understanding and dont make early assumptions~

enjoys~
    Rate +Rate -

hmm, i see. coolz
    but how come NA nvr do that when they just started?
    i'm wondering... hmmm
    Rate +Rate -

You may be right to a certain extent to test the server latency but so far so good, as in for me.
    Client and Game version wise, they have almost the latest version with the best game balance inherited from N(A).
    But similarly like what flow91 one said, even LOL(NA) at it's most virgin and earliest build did not force progress on players during beta, this way of rewarding players just scares more people away, thinking negatively. I am sure there is room for changes on this simple small part and does not affect the game on a serious basis.
    Rate +Rate -

Junior Member Accepted the Summoner's Code sanosuke_n's Avatar
    i think u might be wrong here.

first, they maybe inherited LoL from Riot. but, there will also unknown bug while transferring the game here. it is usual problems if u learn programming as the server change.

secondly, garena LoL do give free rammus if u participate the CBT. only the skin u need level 10 to get it.

third, LoL is already advertised by Riot. and u know there are a lot of Sea player who did played it before and after the ip block. think about this. let say many of the experienced LoL player from NA or EU server get to play the garena LoL CBT. and they are rewarded the rammus and the king rammus skin. do u think they will play it with the new player who dont know how to play it? as u know how the some of sea gamers attitude (flamer, rager, troller) who think they can play LoL as the same of Dota or HoN. i think we would more likely to play with the NA or EU server better.

fourth, it is just garena way to let the experienced player to teach the new player playing LoL which is different from Dota n HoN.

just my 2 cents.
    Rate +Rate -

/sign

Not everyone tests for bugs -- might as well just give the skins to the players/testers who actually highlight issues/bugs.
    Rate +Rate -

im signing this too
    /Signed
    Rate +Rate -

/signed
    Rate +Rate -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast