Formula for soft elo reset and hard elo reset

Alright guys, a lot of people have been asking about what the soft elo reset and hard elo reset is, as well as when will the soft elo reset be implemented for season 3.

The soft elo reset will be implemented when Season 3 is implemented. (If you just said:"You don't say?" You can buy a 'U mad bro?' shirt at solomid.net)

However, I'll be giving you guys the formula for the soft elo reset and hard elo reset.

Soft elo reset:

(Current elo before reset) + 1200

This means that if your elo is below 1200, your elo will be raised. Contrary, if your elo is above 1200, your elo will decrease. How much your current elo differentiate from the net 1200 elo will decide how many elo you will lose/gain.

Hard elo reset:

This just means that ALL players (Of course at lvl 30) will have a elo at 1200, despite whatever elo you are at.

So I hope that all those players who do not understand the definition behind the hard elo reset and the soft elo reset know what it means now!
    LoL timer made by me (Jungle creeps and Summoner spells): http://adf.ly/F2eA0
    The fires of hate will never outshine hope.
    Rate +Rate -

Senior Member Accepted the Summoner's Code DtAndroid's Avatar
    Sofft elo reset formula changed.
    Rate +Rate -

Current Elo and not Top elo?
    Rate +Rate -

Is the new soft elo reset this?
    take your current elo, say y, and do this formulae: (y-1200)/2+1200 = "your new elo"
    LoL timer made by me (Jungle creeps and Summoner spells): http://adf.ly/F2eA0
    The fires of hate will never outshine hope.
    Rate +Rate -

Senior Member Accepted the Summoner's Code SgXtreme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkcrusader8 View Post
    Is the new soft elo reset this?
    take your current elo, say y, and do this formulae: (y-1200)/2+1200 = "your new elo"
    Apparently they are adding in 50 more elo(during resetting) for your current elo for soft reset purposes due to elo decay,dodge penalty.
    Summoner Name : SgFury
    Gold Jg Main that doesn't Lee Sin/Jarvan.
    May not be mechanically skilled but i make it up with good calls.
    Rate +Rate -