Uninstalling League of Legends
- Open the Start Menu
- Open Control Panel
- Open Programs
- Click on Programs and Features
- Select Garena - League of Legends
- Click on Uninstall/Change
A new window appears and simply click on Uninstall
If you run into problems uninstalling League of Legends, this is usually indicative of a larger problem with your Windows registry. It may be a good idea to run a registry cleaner like CCleaner.
- Open CCLeaner and click on the third tab “Tools”
- Look for Garena – League of Legends and “Run Uninstaller”
To clean your registry, go to the second tab “Registry” and Scan for Issues
After the scan is complete, press on Fix selected issues.
Confirm that no League of Legends files are left on your hard drive
- Navigate to the directory where League of Legends was installed (Computer > OS C: > Program Files(x86) > GarenaLoL by default) and delete any remaining GarenaLoL File and Folder(s)
- Delete the folder containing the old setup files you used to install. This folder is named LoL and placed on your GarenaDownload Folder by default. Kindly check the appropriate folder (e.g. Downloads or desktop) if you changed the directory.
- Delete any instances of LeagueofLegends.exe from your computer.
- Make a search by typing LoL and League of Legends in your Search Box to ensure all files are deleted.
Reinstalling League of Legends
Make sure you are using a Windows administrative account to install the game. Download the latest version of League of Legends from http://lol.garena.com/download/ or simply login to your Garena Messenger and click on the LoL
Refrain from changing the installation directory and use the default path.
If you selected the second option and downloaded from the website, simply go to your GarenaDownload Folder and to install LoL
Window 7 Professional (64bit OS) was used to make the guide thus if you are using XP and Vista, the screenshot may differ but the location should be the same or similar