Junior Member Accepted the Summoner's Code Roxyxoxo's Avatar

FPS drop/loss issues

Have been wondering do we(Garena players), aware of this issue. Many in NA, Euro or whatever other LoL servers are aware of this as they already have countless of FPS complaint threads in their forums.
    As far as many of them have been sticking with a single major thread of this problem: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1150758

Basically, this has nothing to do with your PC(not those low specs PC). Assuming you are having a powerful or an average PC with good graphic cards and high RAM etc, but experiencing such problem isn't your PC's fault. I am trying to say, many of LoL players tend upgrade and upgrade their PC by having the thoughts of their PC isn't good enough as can be seen in NA/Euro forums after some patches(Riven, Fizz or Viktor patches). Some have been reinstalling, updating graphic cards, directX drivers and so on. All these have nothing to do with the FPS issues mostly if you already tried. Only some.

However, certain FPS issues can be solved, for such if your Virtual Memory setting is wrong, too many files eats up your PC space or by re-installing your LoL client.exe etc.. I can try put up some of the links for these problems here if needed after some time.

What am I doing while having such problems? :
    To be brief, I find that mostly this Riot game technical issues are due to some of your 'Champions' animation and some bugs affecting textures/sounds/effects to be loaded properly. There's more too. Correct me if I am wrong.

Like what I said above this sentence, many of my AD carry champions or something like Akali have been affected for some reasons.(I know by saying this doesn't make sense, but it seems so to me and some other players)
    But, doesn't happen to me when I tried to play Support, AP ranged, typical top laning champions or melee AP Mordekaiser. Still, I find 15% of the time with my so-called FPS issues champions, I do not have FPS issues. Probably this 15% of the time, it functioned properly? That's absurd.
    So, it's fortunate for me I can play all 4 roles in this game except Jungling. I do fine in AD carry(have to retire) and support roles.

Off-topic/Little tips here: Top laners mostly requires high experiences as there's too many typical picks at top lanes including how knowledgible are you about top lane counter picks(putting aside game play skills).
    [To say, try not simply try any other roles to throw someone else's game. I lose top lane for few times in elo games.]

I am not trying to make LoL community to stay after having this problem(many have refused to play this game/quitted after this problem occured). That's their/your choices. I am here to promote some awareness and alternatively telling LoL community can actually play some other Champions that aren't buggy for your client.
    Lastly, I'd be obliged if I am allowed to bump this thread for some awareness. Or maybe I don't have to.
    Thank you for reading.

Special Notes: Ping latency doesn't have anything to do with FPS performance.
    Last edited by Roxyxoxo; 02-06-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    Good PC but having FPS issues? Here: FPS drop/loss issues
    Rate +Rate -

Senior Member Accepted the Summoner's Code Earl.BC's Avatar
    Juz asking. If u have 500+ ping and a super high fps. Will u lag?
    Rate +Rate -

Quote Originally Posted by E|cff000000.arl View Post
    I can't say for sure since I never had that much ping. However, I do always know that above 300 pings already super lag -_-
    Last edited by Roxyxoxo; 02-06-2012 at 12:53 PM.
    Rate +Rate -

just asking. Is low fps related to being disconnected?
    Rate +Rate -

Senior Member Accepted the Summoner's Code windowlicka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by small_mouse View Post
    just asking. Is low fps related to being disconnected?
    no, FPS and internet (ping, disconnection, etc) have no correlation, unless your computer lags so badly the server thinks your game is no longer responding
    Rate +Rate -

Senior Member Accepted the Summoner's Code DaTa9192's Avatar
    I have an average pc, but get 60-80 fps constantly with all champions, except for when there are many things happening on screen at the same time.
    -
    Rate +Rate -

Quote Originally Posted by E|cff000000.arl View Post
    You won't lag but delay.
    Rate +Rate -

Bump for some awareness.

->Yeah, I can see the increase of complaints on FPS issues every new patch incoming. (Not necessary in forum complaints)
    Last edited by Roxyxoxo; 02-27-2012 at 01:14 AM.
    Rate +Rate -

Senior Member Accepted the Summoner's Code DtAndroid's Avatar
    High ping = Delayed responses, you command the champion to cast a spell, it casts after 3 seconds.

Low FPS = Choppy gameplay, imagine a video with half of its content taken out.
    Rate +Rate -